GE Frame 5 "Nancy" Available!
Complete Generator Stator Core Assembly For Sale
In July 2017, AGTServices purchased a GE frame 5 generator with the intent of starting an exchange program. As part of the program, AGTServices would perform a complete stator rewind, using a state of the art class F insulation system, in order to sell it as a newly refurbished generator stator.
AGTServices also has the generator field available for this unit!!!
Stator Rewind Performed
- Stator Bars
- Insulation System Class F
- Slot Support System – RTD’s, Fillers, Side Ripple Springs
- Wedge System – Low shrink Black Canvas (LSBC) tapered wedges, top ripple springs, and locking end wedges
- Braze and insulate all series and phase connections
- Install nose ring on each end
- Install blocking between series caps
- Run new RTD wire to the terminal board/junction box
- Paint Stator winding and core
- Reconnect and insulate leads, as required
- Stator Core – Clean thoroughly cleaning of the core iron, ventilation ducts and passageways of stator frame was performed & Prep and Paint Core and End Winding compartments
- Stator Frame – Clean, prep, and paint the exterior surfaces of the generator and prep generator for long term storage and shipment
- Connection Rings
- Perform initial Elcid test to verify integrity of the core laminations
- Electrical test, and inspect the phase connection cables for re-use
- A core tightness check (knife check) of stator core
- Performed Elcid and Core Ring Test
- Conduct in-process and final testing: DC Electrical tests, including: Insulation Resistance/PI, DC Leakage, and Hipot, Elcid Test, Winding Resistance
- Perform end winding resonant frequency response test (bump test)