High Voltage Bushing
Manufacturing of New High Voltage Bushings
AGTServices has the capability to manufacture new replacement high voltage bushings of models 2", 4", and 6" single and double tang as well as gas cooled bushings for hydrogen cooled GE generators.
High Voltage Bushings
The ability to replace porcelain insulators particularly distinguishes AGTServices from its competition.
HVB manufacturing performed by AGTServices will typically involve the following:
Manufacture Of New High Voltage Bushings For Over 10 Years
- 250 new bushings made to date
- 7-21 day cycle for new bushings
- 2", 4", and 6" models in stock at headquarters in NY
- Ability to restore both standard and non-standard OEM components
Some vendors have abandoned the use of ceramic materials and have substituted composite material, which has had a history of being less robust during the manufacturing of high voltage bushings.
High Voltage Bushing Refurbishment
The next best option is removal of the HVB from the generator, followed by a complete refurbishment of the existing HVB or complete HVB replacement with all new parts. AGTServices offers this option to provide the most reduced cycle time to return a refurbished HVB to minimize customer down time. AGTServices has the capability and experience to refurbish all makes and models, including: Westinghouse, Siemens, ABB, Hafley, GE, and ALSTOM.
A typical HVB refurbishment performed by AGTServices will involve the following:
- Complete disassembly
- Assessment & evaluation of all components
- Replace all gasket seals with Viton Seals
- Inspection / Re-insulation of the copper conductor
- Inspection / Replacement (if required) of porcelain insulator
- Cleaning of all components to "as new" condition
- Silver plating connection ends
- Pressure testing
- Electrical testing including Hi Pot and Doble (if required)
- Pack & Ship
- Over 165 bushings refurbished to date
- Over 30 bushings re-designed & upgraded
- 2-3 weeks cycle on refurbished HVB
- Significant cycle reduction on replacement HVB with available stock parts
- Ability to restore / Supply / repair both standard and non standard OEM components