AGT Services, Inc. GE Frame 5 "Nancy" - Available!
Complete Generator Stator Core Assembly
On June 14, 2015, AGT Services purchased a GE Frame 5 generator with the intent of starting an exchange program. As part of the program, AGT Services would perform a complete stator rewind, using a state of the art class F insulation system, in order to sell it as a newly refurbished generator Stator.
AGT Services also has the generator field available for this unit!!!
Original OEM Nameplate/Machine Rating
The Stator Rewind Performed:
- Stator Bars
- Insulation System Class F
- Slot Support System - RTD's, Fillers, Side Ripple Springs
- Wedge System - Low shrink Black Canvas (LSBC) tapered wedges,top ripple springs, and locking end wedges.
- Braze and insulate all series and phase connections.
- Install nose ring on each end.
- Install blocking between series caps.
- Run new RTD wire to the terminal board/junction box.
- Paint Stator winding and core.
- Reconnect and insulate leads, as required.
- Stator Core - Clean thoroughly cleaning of the core iron, ventilation ducts and passageways of stator frame was performed & Prep and Paint Core and End Winding compartments.
- Stator Frame - Clean, prep, and paint the exterior surfaces of the generator and prep generator for long term storage and shipment.
- Connection Rings
- Perform initial Elcid test to verify integrity of the core laminations.
- Electrical test, and inspect the phase connection cables for re-use.
- A core tightness check (knife check) of stator core.
- Performed Elcid and Core Ring Test
- Conduct in-process and final testing: DC Electrical tests, including: Insulation Resistance/PI, DC Leakage, and Hipot, Elcid Test, Winding Resistance
- Perform end winding resonant frequency response test (bump test)